永利集团 焯杰 2017-08-15 13:36:24
1. Under the weather
Weather是“天气”的意思，但under the weather却和天气没关系，它的意思就是“不太舒服”。
例：She's a little under the weather today, so she won't be joining us.
2. Come down with
得了某种病，除了用catch或者suffer from，你还可以说come down with，后面直接跟什么病。
例：I think I may be coming down with a cold.
例：I feel rotten today.
4. Lay up
例：He was laid up by the flu.
5. Pick up
Pick up有“捡”的意思，捡钱你可以用它，得病也可以。表达被别人传染了，就可以用上pick up这个短语。
例：I think I picked up a cold from someone at work.
1. His wife wasn't feeling too well and she wanted to go home.
2. She is not herself. She came near to a breakdown.
3. They were sickened by the scenes of misery and degradation they found.
4. It wasn't anything serious. A mild stomach upset, that's all.
5. I was still feeling a bit under the weather.
6. Wool is so scratchy that it irritates the skin.
7. The furniture was stiff, uncomfortable, too delicate, and too neat.
8. I sometimes feel uncomfortable after eating in the evening.
9. Frankie hasn't been feeling well for a long time.
10. He found it distasteful to be offered drinks before witnessing the execution.
11. He gets funny turns, you know. It's his age.
12. My head had begun to ache and my stomach felt funny.
13. Paul was unwell last night with a stomach upset.
14. Samadov said that he felt so ill that he blacked out.
15. He awoke to find himself lying uncomfortably on a pile of firewood.
A:Good morning,Mr.Smith.Oh,what's the matter?Aren't you feeling well?
B:I'm afraid I feel rather bad this morning.I had a splitting headache last night.
Oh,I'm sorry to hear that.Is it any better now?
Yes,thanks.I took a couple of aspirins last night and sweated it out.But I still feel rather groggy.
That's too bad.We'll have to do something about it.Shall I call a doctor?
Please don't bother.It's nothing serious.I'll be all right soon.
It's no bother.Look,what about going to the hospital and having a general check-up?